Update From USCIS on the Most Recent New Regulations
The following is the most recent updates from USCIS, current as of October 30, 2008
- AC21Proposed Rule: “Implementation of the American Competitiveness in the Twenty-First Century Act of 2000 (AC21), the Visa Waiver Permanent Program Act (VWPPA), and the American Competitiveness and Workforce Improvement Act of 1998 (ACWIA).” This rule is under development within USCIS.
- CSPA Proposed Rule: “Implementation of the Age Out Protections Afforded Under the Child Status Protection Act.” This rule is under development within USCIS.
- T Regulations for Adjustment of Status Interim Rule: “Adjustment of Status to Lawful Permanent Resident for Aliens in T or U Nonimmigrant Status.” This rule has undergone review at the Office of Management and Budget and will likely be published in the near future.
- EB-5 Proposed Rule: “Treatment of Aliens Whose Employment Creation Immigrant Petitions Were Approved After January 1, 1995 and Before August 31, 1998.” This rule is under development at USCIS.
- Religious Workers Final Rule: “Special Immigrant and Nonimmigrant Religious Workers.” This rule is undergoing Executive Order 12866 review at the Office of Management and Budget.
- TN (3 yr) periods of admission Final Rule: “Period of Admission and Stay for Canadian and Mexican Citizens Engaged in Professional Business Activities – TN Nonimmigrants”. 73 FR 61332, October 16, 2008
- Replacement of Forms I-551 Final Rule: “application Process for Replacing Forms I-551 without an Expiration Date.” Public comments on the proposed rule are being reviewed.