San Diego Immigration Lawyer Jacob Sapochnick Discussed I-601 Extreme Hardship Waivers on Talk Radio KCBQ

The United States ordinarily does not allow immigrants who have entered into the country without a visa or inspection to later obtain permanent residency, which is also known as a Green Card.  This is true even if the immigrant has a spouse or parent who is a U.S. citizen and is willing to file a petition on behalf of the immigrant, unless a petition was pending before April 30, 2001 when the Section 245i law was still active.  Otherwise, the immigrant must leave the United States to obtain an immigrant visa from an overseas consulate.  However, this potentially subjects the immigrant a three-year or 10-year  ban on re-entering the United States.  During the radio program, I discussed the use of I-601 Extreme Hardship Waivers in the above circumstances.